Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cravings

I am sad to admit that I have become addicted to the internet. I didn't realize my addiction until just recently. I have been without easy access to the internet for the last week and it has been quite a wake up call to me. The part about the internet I have been missing the most is the communication aspect. I am away in a foreign country and I am realizing how important the internet has been in connecting me with the people I love. Maybe this idea of ever being connected to people is a good thing but at some point in my life it wasn't important. Why has it become so vital? I care greatly about many people but do I need to be constantly connected with these individuals in order to continue to care about them? Am I afraid that they will cease to care about me if I don't keep in contact? What fuels my internet cravings and why won't they stop?

No comments: