Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Birthday

...to someone without whom I would not exist and without whom I would not be who I am today.
Happy Birthday to someone who always fought for what he believed in and put passion into everything that he did.
Happy Birthday to someone who wasn't afraid to cry, whether it was from joy or pain or pride.
Happy Birthday to someone who looked me in the eye and made me understand the importance of respect.
Happy Birthday to someone who took the time to enjoy small moments and helped me to appreciate them too by asking me to sit with him on the patio on summer evenings and just stare at the stars.
Happy Birthday to someone who's hands were rough from working day in and day out.
Happy Birthday to someone who helped me understand what it meant to have faith.
Happy Birthday to someone who was in pain almost every day of his life. Even though his limp showed it, his face did not.
Happy Birthday to a man that could fill a large gymnasium with people he touched in one way or another.
Happy Birthday to someone who wasn't perfect and knew it.
Happy Birthday to my role model.

Happy Birthday Dad.
Daniel J. Geis
(June 18th, 1962 - March 19th, 2007)

No comments: